Thursday, October 2, 2008

Go Ozzie

I found myself in Florida planning for a conference for Pastors and Leaders. The location was Innisbrook Inn located in Tampa. While we were sitting in the restaurant at Copperhead Golf Course we noticed a group of guys sitting outside. For all of you golf fans out there this is where the men's PGA PODS championship is held every year.

As I looked closer I thought for sure it was Ozzie Guillen and Harold Baines. So I walked outside and asked if I could get my picture taken with them. Ozzie and Harold are the manager and coach of the Chicago White Sox. They said I could snap a picture with them. What they didn't know was that I had a film crew with me and a camera crew putting the finishing touches on a pre-conference promo video. You should have seen their eyes when Walt walked out with the video stuff. Lets just say they thought this was more then just a fan who wanted his picture taken.

You never know who you might run into today. But when you do, pray for them and see if they have a relationship with Jesus. I did that with these guys. God I pray today for Harold and Ozzie to come to saving knowledge of you before this series is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've only been coming to GCC for a few weeks now, and this is my first visit to the site, but I've been a Sox fan my entire life. I grew up watching Ozzie and Harold. Like many kids, I had a baseball hero, and it was Harold Baines. Terrific player. I wanted so badly to be Harold; but, try as I might, I couldn't make myself throw or hit left-handed. Anyway, your post took me back a little. Thanks!