Saturday, August 22, 2009

Go and Re-tell the Stories

Okay, tomorrow I preach for the first time in 9 weeks. As I have been preparing for this new series "Crazy Stuff ", I have taken time to remember the stories of God's goodness of the past. Even this morning, at our 6 AM elder board meeting we sat and retold from memory stories of God's intervention. Wow did it ever loosen up the cobwebs of the past in a good way.

I encourage you today, this week, to sit and re-tell the stories of God's work in your lives with your family. They need to hear it again, for the first time, second time, that our God is alive and well. Don't go to your casket with the stories still in your mind, zip-drive them, and pass them on to the hard drives of your kids, so that God's fame is seen!

Habakkuk 3:2 Lord I have heard of your fame, I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy!

1 comment:

Kevin Noble said...

This must be what I call a "God Thing" Jim. We are watching old video's of testimony's/baptisms from 1993 (mine included) and our very own home movies of the kids. Look forward to your preaching on Sunday "Crazy Stuff". I have one question though - do you still have your mullet? LOL