Thursday, September 10, 2009

Overwhelmed

I Just recently I received a package from Thailand. I opened it and found homemade cards from our rescued orphans in Thailand. They made me individual cards, full of their own personal artwork. For some reason today, I found myself overwhelmed by the effort and time it took to make these.

Inside the cards were pictures of each child. I am so glad we built these orphanages. Now, because of the generosity of my people at Grace, kids can make cards with the words love on them. And they are able to meet the God of Love.


Look at her face and imagine where she might be, had you not rescued her! Tears of joy are filling my eyes, as I picture her before she found hope in Jesus! Overwhelmed with gratitude for my church and the love that came in the mail from these precious kids.

In about 7 weeks we will be sending another team to visit our kids in Asia. I will be leading this team, accompanied by my daughter Hannah. My daughter will celebrate her 16th birthday with these kids. She expressed it this way to me " Daddy what better way to celebrate my 16th birthday than to get hugs from the orphans!"

Like cold water to a weary person, so is good news from a distant land. Proverbs 25:25

No comments: