Friday, January 1, 2010

east coast newyear


I've always enjoyed the outdoors, and nothing is more fun for me than to create snowmen, forts, or other creatures. As a kid I would spend hours outside playing in the snow. I would stay out so long that my lips would turn purple, and it effected my speech.
This morning we returned to one of my childhood traditions, and built a tandem snowman. His and hers at its finest. We are at my folks home on the east coast bringing in the new year. It was a hoot to build these snowmen.
I love this photo as we hammed it up for the photographer. You know it just felt good to get out of the house, away from the TV and create! Plus there will be a day down the road, years from now, where we can reflect on this great memory with our family. I challenge you to turn off the TV, get out of your house, and spend some family time outside. You will not regret it!

No comments: