Friday, November 14, 2008

I love You Daddy

Have you ever received one of these kind of notes? The kind that just warm you up all over. Well, my son Isaiah, placed this note and piece of gum on my nightstand last night. Actually he placed it there when he got home from school.

But a couple of times, before I actually saw it, he came to me and said "daddy you got to check out your night stand." In fact, he said it three times to me, before I found it. You see he was excited to watch me find it and read it. He wanted me to know that he loved me. Finally, I found my way to the room, and read the little note and was overcome with love. I yelled for Isaiah to come, and come he did; he jumped up and gave me a big hug, and said "I love you daddy."

Needless to say, a gift that probably costs 3 cents, moved me deeply. It left me wondering this, "what are the 3 cent gifts we have stashed around our houses for our Abba Daddy?" Are there things we can't wait for him to find, that show our love and appreciation? The fact that Isaiah took the time and wrote the note, meant a lot, but I also loved his eagerness for me to find it.

Go create those kind of gestures for your Eternal Father today! I'm sure he will love it!

No comments: