Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Training for a Marathon

It's time to run a marathon! I have run 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon, mini-triathlon, but never a marathon. But, I will run my first one in Cleveland http://www.clevelandmarathon.com/263_Mile_Rock_Party/



Many people have asked my why? Well, I love setting a goal out ahead of me, and I love the benefits of training and exercise. I feel alive after I work out, and I want to give The Holy Spirit the best house to live in, that's humanly possible.

I also want to play ball with my kids, and their kids as they age. I desire to enjoy life with my wife, as the kids move on, and not be limited by poor health choices that I have made. I also do not want to limit what Jesus wants to do through me, because of being a breath away from a heart-attack, or high blood pressure.

Finally, I just love to compete, I love the hard work that goes into it, and the rewards that come as you cross the finish line. I am three weeks into my training, and it requires great discipline. But discipline falls over to other areas of my life, and is incredibly beneficial.

I have 2 goals, the first is to finish, and the second is to do it under 4hours. Run Forrest, run!

No comments: