Thursday, February 19, 2009

Your Name

A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1

It takes a lifetime to build character, and a few seconds to rip it all apart. Recently at my son's basketball game, they were announcing the starting lineup, and the cheerleaders dropped a banner with BROWN on it. Something happened to me as I read my son's name. I wondered what was the initial thought, as they saw that name?

Did it conjure up noble characteristics? Did I come to their attention,or did my family? A name says a lot in our world today. People can choose right away, whether or not to associate with you, believe you, buy from you, or follow you.

Well, my hope is this, that the very same thoughts that came to my mind about my son, came to theirs. He is faithful, determined, hardworking, team player, and lover of Jesus. Oh by the way, another Brown Boy was living up to another side of the BROWN name; wild and crazy, as they crowd surfed him during the game!

So what will people say when your name comes up, in public today? What do they remember about you, as you work, recreate, and live for Jesus? Something will come to mind, when your name gets mentioned today, hopefully it reflects Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Falcons in sectional! Third time is the charm against Westview. Falcons can win on a neutral floor!

Anonymous said...

I agree! it's time for a fairfield victory

jim