Monday, March 30, 2009

The Power of Testimonies




So I sit here today reflecting on our services, from yesterday. You see, we finished up a church-wide 21 day fast, with a time of worship, vision casting, and open microphone, testimony time. There is great risk when you give open mic time during a service. But we feel like these are the kind of moments that God can speak clearly and honestly, through his people. Wow did he ever speak!
Once again, I feel overwhelmed by what God is doing. People spoke clearly,and honestly, concerning ways that Jesus is giving them breakthrough,healing, hope and plans for the future. We heard stories from men, women, teens, singles, married, young and the old.
I keep going back to the early days of standing before God, and begging him to make Grace Community a thriving force in the community. The dream was big, idealistic and faith filled. It started with a small group of 65 people. But they trusted, prayed, and lived out the dream, and God did an amazing work! Yesterday as I watched and listened to the testimonies of my people I held back floods of tears. Because I was witnessing what my dream was 12 years ago.
Revelation 12:11 says this: They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
May we march on, with a much larger group! But with the same faith, that got us here today. And with the same passion, that our Savior had, as he gave all on the cross! The future is bright and exciting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all the words I can say, nothing better sums it up than THANKS! Kevin

jim said...

We serve an amazing God!