Thursday, April 9, 2009

Breaks in the Action

I wrapped up my staycation this week ,with a round of golf, with my boys. We had a blast as we chased the Nike ball around the course. The weather was great and we enjoyed the first round of the year. Isaiah had a shot at a birdie and it just lipped out. Josh can hit it a country mile these days. This game really relaxes me and it breathes life into my soul.


These kind of times are so super, as we laughed, talked, and enjoyed each other's company. I hope we have many years of playing golf together. It brings back so many memories of playing golf with my Dad and Step-Father. I loved the early morning rises, and the trips to the course. I loved the moments where we just talked shop, and life came to a screeching halt. I still enjoy a round of golf with my dad.


Breaks in the action like this, from the fast pace of a growing church ,are critical for me, and my family. I also finished two books this week. The first was called "Less Clutter, Less Noise" By Kem Meyer. It was a great read and showed ways to get rid of the noise in life.

I also read David Jeremiah's " What in the World is Going On." Fantastic Book dealing with prophetic signs in our world. It juiced me up, and flamed the fire in my gut for evangelism. Jesus could come tonight, and rapture the church.

I can hardly wait until Sunday, as we get to Celebrate Easter. I will be laying out an evangelistic message that could move people from hell to heaven. Now that juices me up. Please God blow us away this weekend. And thanks for breaks in the action, like this week ,that keep me from burning out and hopefully keeping others from burning forever!

No comments: