Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Nights

Saturday nights are sacred in the Brown Household. In the 12 years that I have been a pastor at Grace, I could probably count less than 25 times that I have not been shutdown for the evening, by 9:00 PM

We do not do anything on Saturday nights, unless there is a Fairfield Basketball Game that my son is playing in, or some special family event. We rarely spend the night out, because I want to be prepared physically, emotionally, and spiritually at my best. I begin preparing myself Saturday night, for worship on Sunday morning.

You wont find me running all over the country, and jumping into bed, wiped out from being up late. Yes, it is a sacrifice for my family, but it is one that we have placed as a priority. We have turned down many invitations to go out. It is only one small way to give my absolute best, as I preach on Sunday morning. With that being said, I am back in my bedroom with my books and Bible and winding down for the evening. I can't wait to see how God is going to work, through our new, end times series. Good night blogging world!

No comments: