Friday, June 5, 2009

Thank you

Sometimes a thank-you is assumed. Sometimes it goes without saying that you are grateful, for the ways that others show you that they care. Sometimes it is an unspoken smile, or a warm handshake. Sometimes it comes in the form of a prayer. Sometimes you tell others how grateful you are for a person, but not the actual individual.

Well, today I want to say thanks to my family, friends, elders, staff, and Grace Community attendees. You have been such an encouragement to me and my life. Even though I probably don't tell you often or enough. I love you and praise the Lord that he has given me 13 years with you, at Grace Community. The world is a better place because of you.

Thanks for your kind and warm applause on Sunday as I shared my plans for the summer. I was moved deeply by your actions. The photo above was snapped during that time. So if you are reading this today, know that I just prayed and thanked the Lord for you. THANKS!

Take time today and thank those closest to you, it will move them deeply.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Jim, I think it's insufficient for us to say "No Jim, thank YOU". You take your well deserved sabbatical and enjoy this time to recharge, but YOU COME BACK TO US! We will miss your guidance for the next 2 months, but will pray heartily for you and look forward to your return:)

Unknown said...

Thank you Dana!