Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Other Side of Yes

Far too many Christians spend the majority of their lives living on the the wrong side of yes. Whether it is fear, or comfort, or just a plain lack of faith they miss out on what God wanted to teach them.

As I grow in my walk with Jesus, I have learned that there are some things that God can only teach me, on the other side of yes. I have seen and witnessed so much when I said yes Lord. I want to be the kind of follower that sets aside everything, and goes for it, if that is what God is telling me to do.

There is nothing like pulling the trigger on a big dream, or plan that you just aren't sure how it is all going to work out. The thrill of lighting the fuse is breathtaking. Isaiah was doing just that as he carefully lit this bottle rocket.

I wonder how many Christians fall way short of what God intended for their lives, just because they couldn't pull the trigger. I wonder how many new insights and blessings they forfeited on the wrong side of yes? I will never be accused of playing it safe, Will You?

1 comment:

Tim Boucher said...

Right on and GREAT pic!!!!