Monday, August 17, 2009

On the Eve


Well, I'm on the eve of the last day, of my 8 week sabbatical. God has certainly spoken loud and clear to me over this time period. Last night we spent time at a friend's lake house, on Webster Lake, and I snapped this shot as I gazed across the lake.
Lots of different emotion are at the surface right now. I have run at a breakneck pace for a long time and have witnessed God do unimaginable things in my life and ministry. During this 13 year period I have felt his favor, faithfulness, goodness, grace and peace.

One of the primary things, I wanted to do, was to take each day as it came, and not rigidly schedule it ahead of time. I also made a vow to my family and my Savior to totally unplug from the ministries of Grace Community. I felt like this would be the best thing for all parties involved. It would give the leaders a chance to lead in new ways, and would point people to Jesus and not to a man. My hope too, was that we had built (by God's grace) a healthy leadership model that allowed this to happen.

I kept my vow, and while it was a daunting challenge, God gave such incredible peace in the process.

Over this period, I fell deeper in love with my wife, deeper in love with my children, deeper in love with my Savior, and deeper in love with Grace Community!

I'm ready to transition back to Grace and can't wait to see what is in store for the next 13 years. Oh yeah, I have plenty of new and fresh ideas that God birthed in my heart!

2 comments:

Andy Jewett said...

It'll be great to have you back... see you soon.

MarlaMae said...

You have a fantastic team behind you and they did a terrific job! We'll be glad to have you back with us though!!

See you soon....