Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good To Be Back

Great start to my day, as I hung out with my staff. They did a super job leading Grace as I spent time on my sabbatical.

I have often said that any ministry should continue to operate without the lead guy there for a period of time, if it is healthy. Well these guys and my elders made it happen.

One of the primary things I loved this morning was just catching up with their lives. Man it was so good to hang out together. I have the best staff in America!

We spent time laying out the next sermon series that begins this Sunday. You don't want to miss this Sunday I feel like I am going to explode! Our New Series is called "Crazy Stuff." I can't wait to reconnect with you and I have some paybacks for some videos made of me!

3 comments:

Mitch said...

Great to be with you again Jim! Thanks for being you.

Kevin Noble said...

Missed ya brother! An old song came to mind and luckily I found the lyrics on the web that kinda goes along with your return - can you guess what sitcom it came from?

"Welcome back, Your dreams were your ticket out.
Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya), Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back."

Unknown said...

welcome back kotter!