Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hit the Target

I feel a holy boldness these days that is fresh! It seems like I can see right through people's hearts and motives. While, I know that I can be easily deceived because of my depravity, there seems to be a fresh sensitivity to the Spirit's leading. The future is clear and the goal is clear.

I am more resolved in my heart to narrow the focus, and not get distracted by all the peripheral stuff that Satan uses, to squander our time. He is the master of keeping us busy with stuff that intrinsically is not wrong, yet pulls us away from what is most important.
As I look across Christendom, we have more and more Christians who identify themselves with movements, people, ministries, leaders. They hang on their blog entries, tweets, sermons, conferences, and seem to idolize these individuals. They quote their words, their sermons, and they have become their favorites.

They defend their own faith decisions and paths in life by what these men say. We have Sainted way too many men, who fall way short of Jesus! By the way, the majority of these men are God-fearing, passion filled followers of Jesus. And they bless my life too, and I love them dearly. But the early church didn't follow anyone but Jesus!

I'm afraid we have way too many, Smithites, Greenites, Driscollites, Perryites, Piperites, Osteenites, Brownites, or Whoeverites!

What about Jesusites? The Spirit seems to be saying; Jim, a new day, a fresh awakening from Jesus, is available for those that want it! Lead your people through all the distractions and take them to the ultimate target of Jesus! Something new has been planted in the soil these past two weeks at Grace, and it has my heart skipping a few beats. Stay tuned and pray for me as I try to lead while living in a grace-changed heart!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post. you nailed it.