Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting ready

I just recently purchased a new CVA Wolf Magnum 50 Caliber Inline Muzzleloader. Needless to say it is a sweet gun. I had to get it ready for Deer Season by zeroing it in.

It takes a lot to get a gun ready for hunting season. It does not come out of the box ready to shoot. So this afternoon, I set up my target and began to zero it in. The first shot was way low, but on the target, so I began to dial the scope in.

After 6 shots I felt good about the pattern, as the last two were grouped right together.

So now I am ready! I'm ready for the Deer to enter my hunting zone. I'm ready and prepared to take a shot, because I have done the preliminary stuff to make it happen. I am armed and ready to shoot down the target. I did my homework and got real familiar with my weapon.
I wonder if you are ready for the battle today? Did you do your prep work this morning by praying, Did you get familiar with your weapon? When the enemy enters your hunting zone today, will you take him down? Or will you be defenseless?
1 Peter 5:8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jim, marathon was way more fun than we were anticipating! Thanks for asking! We finished a bit slower than were hoping due to some knee pain, but we finished! I'll let you know when I finally finish "our marathon story" post!