Tuesday, November 17, 2009

don't do it alone

One of the major core beliefs of Grace Community is to do life together. We provide opportunities for Gracies to go on Short-term mission's trips. This year alone we sent out 10 teams. I love this, because a whole team comes back fired-up, with real stories and changed lives, instead of just me or one individual.

So you will see that philosophy unfold over and over again. Besides in the case above, 5 people gained a better understanding and passion for Asia's Hope instead of just me. We got a chance on Sunday to share how our recent trip impacted us. It was great to do life with this team!

Even in our children's ministries you will see this theme! Our kid-city ministry lead by Pastor Jon is right on. One of the many values we have at Grace is to do life together!

We began a new series this weekend trying to emphasize that we value family. So when I see themes like this, I get excited. I love that we have singles, single-again, and married couples coming to Grace. I love that we are all on the same team doing life together for Jesus. So if you are alone and are longing to join a team, come visit us!
We are not perfect, we will disappoint you at times, but we will do our best to get you plugged into the family of Jesus Christ. And he will never leave you or forsake you!