Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Holding on to the Past

How many times have you seen it happen, where someone is reluctant to change? Where they want to move on, yet still hold on to something from the past. When this philosophy infiltrates a business, a team, or church, you usually end up with something like this.

It is difficult to make a clean break from an idea, a method, a program that you have birthed, yet it is often necessary to do so. What normally happens, when you are unwilling to let go of the past, is that you end up with a clunker that thwarts forward motion.

All over the world are these kinds of models, wondering why we can't seem to make headway?

My hope is that I never become this kind of leader, who wants so badly to hold onto the past, that he chokes off future progress. I long to be the leader that says whatever it takes Lord, even if it means I bury my desires, expectations, and agendas so that the cause of Christ can advance in my Family and Church.

Can you imagine the time and effort it took to build this contraption! Oh please Jesus, help us never to look this way!

1 comment:

Tim Boucher said...

I with you bro...right on!