Sunday, November 15, 2009

it all began 18 years ago


18 years ago today Josh came into the world. He came in the way of an emergency c-section. He gave us quite a scare, as we weren't sure exactly how things were going to work out. But, by God's grace he spared his life during the delivery. We are very grateful that he did.

After he was born I went to the local mall and purchased the smallest Adidas basketball shoes I could find. I was so excited to bring these home to my son. Little did I know that they would swallow up his feet and then some. We have some baby pictures of him with these shoes on him.

One of Josh's favorite things to purchase even to this day are basketball shoes. So today on his 18th birthday we drove to Mishawaka and perused the shoe stores. I find it so ironic that the first gift we bought him were shoes, and now 18 years later we are still buying shoes.

We ate supper at 5 guys and enjoyed time at Dick's Sporting Goods. Tonight we enjoyed time together as he received his birthday cake.

But where has all the time gone? Can it be that we now have an 18-year old in our home. Happy birthday son, I am so very proud of you, you make the world a better place with your presence. Thanks for the way you stand for Jesus and shamelessly live for him. I look forward to sharing many more birthdays with you.

As I wind down the evening I can hardly wait to see how you are going to impact the world as an adult! Go soar with Jesus SON!

1 comment:

trent's space said...

He is an awesome young man! We have enjoyed getting to know him over the years. You and Ann can be very proud.

The Hostetlers