Friday, November 13, 2009

the night before

It's the night before the opening day of deer season. Isaiah and I are pumped. It will be Isaiah's first year of hunting with his own shotgun. We have all of our clothes laid out and have talked through the morning's routine.

As you can see, we have a room in our home where we keep our hunting gear. I feel like I did when I was younger, as my Step-Father and I prepared the night before.

I have so many good memories with my dad as we drove to the mountain and enjoyed time together. We talked about everything under the sun. Those truck rides have left such deep impressions on my life. It was then that we bonded, had father son, time together.

Now here it is, some 25 years later and the roles are reversed, and I feel just as excited as I did as a kid. Oh, I hope Isaiah bags one tomorrow. Either way it will be incredible time together. So if you hear a shout coming out of New Paris bright and early tomorrow, it might be from a 10 year old boy, after he gets his first shot. Can't wait till tomorrow!

No comments: