Friday, February 5, 2010

Grace College Scholarship Night

We spent the night at Grace College for a Presidential Scholarship Competition for Josh. It sure was good to be back on Campus. 23 years ago I met Anne at Freshmen Orientation. She walked across campus in a Michigan State sweatshirt and I was hooked.

Grace College and Seminary shaped the direction of my life forever. It gave me the skills I needed to be the pastor and leader I am today, plus I found my wife there. I would recommend Grace to anyone who wants to grow in Christ, and receive a superior education that can shape their life. It had to be a special night for me, to be seen in a suit.

While we were there, we ran into a college friend who is now a Professor at Grace. Michael Hartstine teaches in the business department. It was so good to see him again. It was also great to know that this is the kind of prof that Josh could have one day.

Josh continues tomorrow with some interviews and an essay. I must admit I would love to see him receive one of the scholarships, because it would make the decision a no-brainer. We love Grace!

No comments: