Wednesday, September 22, 2010

no one said it would be easy

Why are we so afraid to try to change the way we do something. Especially when we know, if we continue to do it the way we are now, then eventually we lose everything.

I have been preparing my message for Sunday, and it hit me today, as we took a break to throw the football as a staff. In the midst of doing it with our strong arm, I said lets do it with our opposite hand. Anyhow, as you can see it was ugly, it was humbling and was outright hilarious. Rich's form had me bent-over-laughing.

Then it hit me, I wonder if that is the very reason, why so many refuse to try something different to rescue their relationships? Because it humbles them and leaves them less in control and very awkward. Could it be that we are one or two steps away, from turning our relationship around, if we just chose to try something different? Sure it will take time, but the pure expression of humility might show the other person, that you are willing to do whatever it takes, to save this marriage. even if you look stupid!

No comments: