Tuesday, January 25, 2011

baby dedications

I still believe the church is the hope of the world. I still believe that God is moving in the local church today. I still believe that people can find hope in Jesus Christ. I still believe it is the primary way Jesus wants us to reach the world for Jesus Christ.

I enjoy the ways this plays out in the local church. On Sunday we took time for parents to dedicate their children to God. At one point in the dedication service, Jon asked us to extend our hands forward in prayer as he prayed over the parents and kids. In that moment the church was united in a beautiful way through prayer. Prayer is a powerful weapon it engages the heart of our Savior.

As I walked away I pictured a couple thousand prayers piling up in heaven for these children. I then considered how this would impact the child's life. I know it made a difference and might become the very thing that protected these children from the evil one! Way to go Grace Community you helped build a wall of protection around these future world changers!

The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective... James 5:16

No comments: