Friday, January 28, 2011

ten bucks two worlds away

Every little girl loves a baby doll. Every little girl has hugs stored up inside of them. Every little girl longs to be hugged.

My daughter Hannah sits with two of our precious girls that were rescued in Cambodia by our church. We went shopping one night and bought every little girl a baby doll for ten bucks. As you can see from the picture they loved them.

I will never forget when I heard for the first time that the majority of our once-orphaned kids were probably 5000 hugs short of where most kids were. So when I see the hugs on the baby dolls, the hugs on Hannah, and the hugs on the little girls, I am moved deeply. Way to go Hannah you are making up lost ground!

Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27

No comments: