Thursday, April 28, 2011

Effort

Their is a huge difference between talent and effort. I love it when extra effort is given and performed by an individual.

Coaches long to have players who give everything they have to win. We say things like, he plays with a lot of heart. I love watching players go all in. When you have given everything you can in a contest you can walk away feeling satisfied because you left everything on the field.

The Bible also tells us that if we choose not to use our talents/gifts in the way God desires that we will lose them. There is nothing sadder than watching a talented team that gives little effort. I wonder how many people have fallen into that category because they have chosen to live sedentary lifestyles, free of risk,lacking extra effort and relying on talent alone?

Ask yourself this question today, "Am I all in for Jesus in every arena of my life, or am I like the boys on the edge of this picture just hoping for the best?" I love the effort of the kid in the middle, he was shorter then most but because of his effort he got the prize.

Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23

No comments: