Wednesday, April 27, 2011

a view from the stands

Yesterday I watched Josh through the lenses of a camera. I was able to catch him in a game at Grace College. As a parent you know what your child is capable of doing you have witnessed it over and over for many years. And a parent has been an eye witness to their life.

What I didn't realize so much yesterday, but the camera did, is that there were other eye witnesses lined up too, along the fence, in the dugout and behind the plate. Our lives are living testimonies to what we believe and they reveal our character.
I have to admit as I snapped off photos, even this one with another witness in it, that I am proud of the way my son carries his life. If my camera could have spoken yesterday it would have said ,"Well done Josh, I love the way you live your life on and off the field."

Therefore since we are surrounded by  such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

No comments: