Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bear down for a week

Tomorrow morning I fly to Alaska for a week of black bear hunting. I love the outdoors it is where I come alive and am refreshed. It lets me see and experience God's handiwork up close.

This chance was not even on my radar screen 3 months ago. In fact, I am still in awe that God provided it for me. A friend approached me a few months back and asked me to consider doing this with him. Through his generosity it is now a reality. Many thanks to Sam and Joanna Armington for blessing me with this trip.

We will be hunting on Prince William Sound in Alaska. So needless to say, I am a little excited. My Remington 30-06 is ready and my heart is ready to meet God in the wild.

So you won't hear from me for a week as I will be cell phone and Internet free, Ah imagine that! See ya in a week!

2 comments:

J said...

Have a blast! I expect to see tons of photos on your return, and a nice bear trophy photo.

MarlaMae said...

So happy you are getting to have this adventure, Jim! Will be praying for you, and asking God's forgiveness when fits of jealousy overwhelm me!! Hugs...