Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Don't give up before you get started

As you can see in the picture of above, Isaiah is the little guy in the photo. He is playing jr-high golf as a 6th grader which in itself could be a real barrier for him. Each week as he lines up the competition they are generally 8th grade boys who double his weight and are a foot taller then him.

You always hope that your kids will not let things like this intimidate them. Well, I have been so proud of Isaiah because he walks right up to them and introduces himself and says "I'm Isaiah Brown." He often gets a look from his competition that says "What's little kid doing out here?" Meanwhile, I'm thinking he is going to kick your butt.

Anyhow, I love how my kids, and in this case Isaiah, don't curl up and run away when physical odds are stacked against them. The truth of the matter is this, at some point in every match this year I have heard the other boys say this little kid can play golf.

Let me wrap this up by saying this, I'm proud of my son and the way he understands that you don't give up before you get started. Plus, he can really thump the ball a long ways and has beaten his opponent on many occasions this year! Plus, I must admit I love the first tee response from his competition when Isaiah busts his drive 230 Yards! 

No comments: