Saturday, June 18, 2011

on the eve of father's day

 This time of year a father begins asking himself the hard questions like, how are my kids doing? We long for our children to follow hard after Jesus and to make a difference in the world. We also become reflective and get a little teary-eyed remembering moments in our kids lives.

I love everything that comes with being a dad. I am grateful that God has given me the chance to raise three precious kids. As I begin to wind down for the evening and wake early for our Father's Day services at Grace Community tomorrow my daughter Hannah is in Nicaragua loving on orphan kids.

While I long for her to be with me tomorrow I am so proud that she is giving her life away to reach kids for Jesus.
Besides doesn't every child need some love on father's day? My heart breaks for these children who are fatherless but because of my daughter and our team from Grace they will be introduced to a heavenly father.

This could be the best father's day ever for these kids and that brings incredible joy to this father's heart. Proud to be the father of some amazing kids, Josh, Hannah and Isaiah. You bring me so much joy!

No comments: