Monday, August 8, 2011

I felt their hearts






Yesterday during our time hanging with our children a moment that only can be described as priceless occurred. We had a video that was shown to our church of the Cambodian kids on an iPad 2 . We asked Vando and Seyla if they wanted to watch it?

As the video played I watched Vando watch the video, tears welled up in his eyes and he interjected often about each child and how they worked so hard. I watched Seyla lip words to the dance song that the kids danced too and her smile was electric.

All that to say this, every child wants to know that they have a mom and dad that is proud of them. I whispered to Boyd as we we watched this proud moment of parents of 24 kids that this is real love, the kind of love we feel for our kids. The kind of love a parent feels when they see a picture in the newspaper of their child. The kind of love that God feels for us. The kind of love that this author can walk away from and know that our kids are in good hands. The kind of love these orphan children have longed for.

I imagine the same kind of love that God felt when he said to Jesus "this is my son in whom I am well pleased!"
Sent from my iPad

No comments: