Monday, October 10, 2011

it always pays off

This evening Isaiah and I spent time on our basketball court working on skills. I love these kind of moments because they always benefit you later. We worked on dribbling skills, jump shots, layups, passing and free throws.

As we wrapped up the evening we dribbled down the road together and chatted as we jogged. I shared with Isaiah that as a young man I would dribble around the block at my parent's house for a 1 1/2 miles a couple times a week.

As is the case with anything in order to improve your skills, hone your craft, or become really good at something you must spend time practicing it. The sun was setting in the west as we ran and it was a great way to cap off an evening with my son. One night on the court down the road when Isaiah is in a critical situation and must dribble through traffic this night will help him to succeed.

No comments: