Thursday, January 5, 2012

choose wisely

One of the valuable things I have learned in 50 years of life is that wisdom should fuel your decision making process. It is so easy to rush into things without considering the ramifications of those  decisions down the road.

For 20 years I have read through the book of Proverbs daily and wisdom surfaces all through the pages. Each morning I ask God for wisdom and I pray over my family for God to give them wisdom. When others ask me for prayer requests I also ask that they would pray that God would give me wisdom. I have prayed that God would grant me a double dose of wisdom.

One of the wisest things a man can do is to find a Godly woman who understands commitment, love, and team. In a world where it is easy to trade your spouse in for the next best thing it is so refreshing and valuable to find one that stands with you in sickness and health, for better or worse until death separates you. I have one of those wives!

While she doesn't get the acknowledgements and stage time I do and some of the accolades that come with my position in life, she is the reason why I am able to lead the way I do.

The Bible says this ...He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.. Proverbs 18:22

The wisest thing I ever did outside of asking Jesus to be the Lord and Leader of my life was to ask Anne Catherine Bortner to marry me. When she said yes I received great favor from the Lord!

All that to say this, don't rush into marriage, seek God in this decision and make sure it has run through the wisdom grid. This is one decision that impacts everything!

No comments: