Tuesday, January 24, 2012

don't turn right

As I was running yesterday I came across this abandoned bridge. All that is left now are the supports that once held its structure in place. At one time this was the way to cross over the spillway. In fact it was the only way to get to the other side. 


Yet over time it became apparent that a new way was better, more direct, and positioned in a more visible place. So a new way was built but now the old way is nothing more then a reminder of the past.


As I was running I wondered how often God has prepared new ways for us to go, but we don't want to go that way because it is unfamiliar for us. So we spend our lives telling everyone how we used to do things and miss out on the chance to try something new. And end our lives wishing it was like the good ole days, all the while on the other side of yes are new things that God wants to teach us.


My hope is that I do not end my life on this side of an old bridge talking about the good ole days, but am willing to travel the new path that God wants me to walk in. There are only certain things God can teach us on the other side of Yes!


Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading what God puts on your heart.