Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I had to look twice

While on a mission's trip in Cambodia I witnessed this pig on a moto. Needless to say, I had to look twice because you just don't get to see this very often. It's in moments like this one above that you realize there is more then one way to take a pig to the market.


One of the things I want to do this year is to think in new ways and to ask God for audacious answers. I don't want to come to the end of my life without experiencing all that God had intended me to do. Yet I wonder how many of us stop way short and limit God to find a  new way because we have never seen it done that way before.


While this above method may seem ridiculous to some, I find it to be quite creative and even progressive. Because most pigs are walked to the market and hauling one on a moto is dangerous. Yet this driver wasn't concerned with the critics who might have given him a hard time for this concept. 


Sometimes when you stick your neck out there and try something new, people will shoot your idea down quickly, but I can guarantee you they will want to eat the pulled pork later. Be willing to get some second looks this year and don't let the negative people tell you all the reasons why it won't work! 

No comments: