Friday, January 4, 2013

kicking off the new year with these books

A college professor of mine from Grace College made this statement to me over 20 years ago. And it deeply impacted my life... "The breadth of your library will enhance the depth of your life." That truth challenged me to be a lifelong reader and learner. I have read at least a thousand books since I heard that challenge.

We are to love the Lord with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Reading teaches me knew ways to love my Savior and pushes the perimeters of my knowledge to scratch the surface of how great our God is.

So here are some books I ordered this morning to read this month. 

Prayer keeps me in tune with my Savior, plus I am a big Mark Batterson fan.
 Andy always keeps it biblical and simple...

 This was referenced to me as I traveled over Christmas by a radio interview...

 This is my heartbeat...

 Referenced as a great read, by a Christian Editor...

James McDonald said this was his toughest write but most powerful resource ever written...

May God use the truths in these books to expand my capacity as a Husband, Father,Pastor and Leader! 

1 comment:

The Good Tale said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.