Monday, April 1, 2013

eyeball to eyeball

The term God-moved is often used  in Christian circles today, and most  understand that to mean that God just showed up in a special way. Well, I have personally witnessed great moves of  God many times in my life and still remember many of those moments.

Yesterday was truly a God-moving experience in our Easter Services, as over 3000 people gathered. Our Church had been praying earnestly for weeks that hearts would be receptive to the Gospel. We challenged our people to invite friends who were far from God. We had days of fasting and prayer for this special weekend.

We planned and prepared to do our very best as a staff . Yet, it really came down to sticking our necks on the line and begging God to show up, so that we would not look stupid. Let me explain...

We purchased 150 thumb drive key chains with the #emptytomb logo on them, and loaded them with a video from me and some next step documents. We were hoping and praying that God would move, so that these key chains could be given away to people who trusted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

Well, we gave a Evangelistic message and closed our services with an altar call. It is in that moment where you realize it's out of your hands and these 150 key chains could make us look really stupid. 

Needless to say God moved and we ran out of key chains in the 3rd service. WOW!

We asked those that trusted in Jesus to raise their hands first and later asked them to come on stage and receive a key chain. What God did yesterday was simply unbelievable and  it blew us away. 
I was able to personally greet all 190 people as they moved from death to life. Have you ever looked into the eyes of a new believer and say "this is the best decision you have ever made in your entire you?" Well I did, and it was like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. There were hugs...

There were handshakes...

and more hugs...

It was just an unbelievable move of God, as men and women made the trek across our stage to proudly proclaim that they were followers of Jesus.

As I left the church property on Sunday, I remarked to many of our Grace members, I hope and pray that we never take for granted what God did yesterday... I like putting ourselves in places where we might look stupid, so that God can shine and get all the credit!

1 comment: