Wednesday, April 10, 2013

MENtors that have shaped me

I have been blessed to have two dads in my life. My step-father Andy pictured above and my Dad Jim Sr., pictured below. Both of these men have poured into my life in selfless ways. In fact, if you were to open me up and look closely at my DNA it would be stamped by these two MENtors. 

Andy pictured above has been my step-father for 46 years and has poured years of wisdom, love, and encouragement into my life.

We recently were able to take him to Church with us while we visited him. It blessed my heart deeply to spend time with him in a local church and to have Isaiah share the seat beside him.

My Dad has invested in me for 51 years and has poured wisdom, love, and encouragement into me also. I love my Dad as much as I love my Step-dad and God has given me two dads that love me and helped shape me into the man I am today.

I love this photo taken recently, as Isaiah gets to hang with Dad too. 

In a world where there is so much separation, pain, bitterness, anger, and resentment because of divorce, my Savior has redeemed it and blessed me with two amazing Dads. I am blessed son to have these two MENtors in my life.

I love you Andy and Dad, and want to thank you for pouring into me!

No comments: