Friday, September 5, 2008

This is my son...


This is my son in whom I am well pleased. Imagine for a second what it was like for Jesus to hear those words as he came up out of the water at his baptism. Those words that every son wants to hear from his dad. Those words that men seek to find their whole lives. Those words that turn boys into world-changers for Jesus.
Imagine too, how many times God wanted to verbalize this out loud for the world to hear that Jesus was his son. He was so very proud of the way he lived his life, the decisions he made, his love for others, his heart for the overlooked in the world, and his unwillingness to give into temptation. He had these words bottled up within him for a long time and finally he shouted them from the throne-room of heaven.
I feel the same about Josh, you see, he too, has these qualities, and I want you to know this today. I can't shout it from heaven but I will shout it into cyberspace,"This is my son in whom I am well pleased!"
The photo above is my son loving on our orphans in Thailand, take a close look at my son's face he knows this moment is priceless. The sky is the limit for Josh, he leads, he loves, he follows Jesus, and he has a dad that is very proud of him.

No comments: