Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank a Vet

We are free! Take time today and thank a veteran for serving our country. The photo above was from this past Sunday as we had veterans come forward and we acknowledged them.

My family is full of veterans. My grandfather, served in the Navy, my uncles ,the Marines, my step-father, the Army, my nephews, the Navy. I am very grateful for them standing on the front-lines of battle.

One of the things I do regularly in airports is this, "when I see a soldier, I walk up and thank them for serving." I have had many soldiers tear up as I extend my hand. I thanked a Vietnam Vet one day, and he told me that I was the first person, to thank him during his entire life.

Pray for our military today, ask God to give them wisdom, strength, and safety. Pray for our men and women on the front lines today, pray for families that have loved ones far away. Pray for our president as he transitions out.

No comments: