Saturday, December 6, 2008

Be Christmas to Someone

I love Christmas, as do these people interviewed in this video. But this Christmas I want to be Christmas to someone, more than get from Christmas. God has placed some pretty special people in my life recently, that are on the outskirts of life. People who could really use some Christmas spirit.

As I sat with my family last night and discussed how blessed we are, all of the petty stuff that comes our way seemed meaningless. We talked about how we could reach out to these people that I recently came in contact with. My family "gets it" and we have a plan.

This Christmas day will look a lot different for us if the plan works out, but it will probably reflect more the heart of Jesus than it ever has. I can't wait to see what God does with it. I will fill you in, with more details later, I will just say it this way "we could be serving Jesus for dinner on Christmas Day"

Take time today and count your blessings, they are numerous! Be Christmas to someone today!

No comments: