Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on Homeless Men



A few weeks back, I Blogged about meeting some homeless men in the woods, living in tents. Many of you asked how you could help, and I asked you pray for wisdom. Well our own Gracies who want to remain anonymous, stepped up and found shelter for these precious men.

The local news got wind of what was going on and did a report about these guys. They asked one of our guys who made this happen, if he would talk but he didn't want to. In fact you will see that the video does not give the name of our church, because we don't want any recognition to come our way. A recent article even appeared in the Elkhart Truth, with only a reference given to a church, not our name. I just love that!

Once again, you guys are being the hands and feet of Jesus. Jesus said whatever you have done for the least of these, you have done for me. By the way as I shared a few weeks ago these precious people have worshipped with us too. We have established some guidelines for these guys, and they have been so grateful. By the way please don't try to figure it all out, just praise the Lord with me that we get a chance to love on these guys

No comments: