Saturday, May 9, 2009

winding down

This was my last weekend run in training for the marathon next weekend. It has been an amazing journey to get to this point. I have stayed on track with the plan and worked hard for 17 weeks to prepare my body for the run.

I have learned what it feels like to push your body to the limits and what it feels like to hit the wall. I had gulped down a ton of Gatorade and stretched this old body like never before. I am prepared as best as I can be.

Now all that waits is the race itself next weekend. I must say it feels good to be on this side of the training regimen. Pray for me this week, if I come to mind, pray that my body holds up and I finish strong. Oh yeah, in case you didn't know I will be running with an Asia's Hope Team. This team from Ohio is running to raise money for their orphanage in Cambodia. 26.2 miles here I come!

1Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

No comments: