Thursday, August 27, 2009

I said I do

21 years ago I stood in front of a pastor and said, "I DO" to the woman of my dreams, Anne Catherine Bortner. Without a doubt one of the best decisions this east-coast-boy ever made.

From the moment I saw you walk across Grace College Campus with your Michigan State Sweatshirt on, you grabbed my heart. I still have that same weak-in-the-knee feeling today, when I see you across a room.


We have enjoyed so many incredible years together. We have seen God's hand move in our lives over and over again.You have sacrificed so much, given your life to others, laid low in the limelight, supported me with your early morning prayers, protected our kids with your mom instincts, provided peace and security in the home, joined me in way too many hair-brain-late-night-ideas, moved at a moment's notice to God's voice, fullfilled my life romantically, branded faith on our children, poured spunkiness into our marriage, stood with me through the hard and high times, added mercy, grace, and love to our home. AND made me a better man, leader, pastor, mentor to the world! the list goes on...

I love you Babe! I look forward to growing old with you and serving Jesus till death parts us. I want you to know that if I could line up all the women in the world and choose one to be my wife, I would choose you in a heart-beat every single time! Happy Anniversary Anne!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Happy Anniversary Browns. Your marriage is one to inspire us all:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Dana