Wednesday, August 26, 2009

They do what you do

Stop and just think about this verse today, as you plow through the day. This verse keeps me awake at night. This verse keeps me on my knees. This verse drives how I disciple my kids. This verse determines how I live my life, in full view of them. This verse shapes my kid's future in a powerful way. This verse brings great conviction!

Here it is ... Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, The Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing,because whatever the Father does the Son also does." John 5:19

Your life is a living book, dad. The way you react, the way you love others, the way you pray, the way you talk poorly about others, the way you eat, the way you drive and make decisions is how they may want to live.

If you want a picture of where they might end up some day, rewind the video tape of today, last week, or this year! Whoa that makes me want to be more like Jesus!
I see that more and more as my kids age. I give them permission to do things by the way I live my life. Please Jesus, extend your Grace!

No comments: