Saturday, October 31, 2009

We made it

We Made it, 31 hours after we departed South Bend Indiana. We landed in Phnom Penh Cambodia. Our flight was smooth and on time. We took time this evening to visit our orphan kids. We then drove to Battambang to see our kids.

I felt an unusual wave of tears as we were pulling up to the home. The kids lined the entrance way and cheered and hugged us. They placed beautiful Cambodian Flower Necklaces on us. We gave them new Grace Shirts and they loved them. The shirts connect them to us, and gives them a sense of belonging. They see us as their mommy's and daddy's.

Once again I will say this, "This is the best investment Grace Community has ever made."


We were able to play games, jump rope, and were treated to some beautiful songs that were sung by our kids. I wept as they sang to us. I kept picturing where they might have been today if we did not rescue them.
I love spending this time with Hannah as we get to jump into the middle of a definite move of God. I find myself being overwhelmed with such joy. The team is doing great and has great chemistry.
It has been amazing to see the transformation of these kids in such a short time. They just radiate with love, hope and joy.

No comments: