Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Because of you

I am deeply moved as I write this blog entry. On Sunday, I spoke on Uncharted Vision. As I closed the services I told the story of me standing before Grace over 6 years ago, when we were on Clinton Street. I shared how we believed that God wanted us to sell our building and go portable church and build a new building.

I remember the fear that tried to overcome me, as I wondered what if we build this building and no one comes? What if we can't afford the mortgage payment? But a small group of people believed in the vision and gave sacrificially so that it could happen.

On Sunday during both services I called them upon stage to honor them. It brought me to tears, as I saw this small group on stage, juxtaposed against the large group in the auditorium who wouldn't be here, if this group wasn't willing to buy into the vision.
I looked around and knew every single person's name and thanked them as they left the stage. We closed the services singing the theme song that Jeremiah had written way back them, HERE WE COME!

Now that was an incredible picture of Uncharted Vision, as we saw what can happen if people are willing to step out in faith.

Needless to say, I am so thankful for the early group who believed. Because of you, all the people pictured above, and 100's of others would not have found Jesus, or been able to worship at Grace. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It choked me up when you did this. It was great seeing all those people who believed and stepped out. I'm thankful they did. My life has changed greatly since coming to Grace. Thank you Jesus for these people and may we always be willing to step out in faith for you.

Unknown said...

i know man. It is amazing what can happen when a group of people suround a vision