Friday, January 15, 2010

I wonder

I've been thinking a lot these days about the future. As I watch my kids age, and especially with Josh heading off to college next year, I wonder what the future holds for them.

I wonder if I have done the best job I could have, to prepare them for the next steps? I wonder if they will always love Jesus? I wonder who they will marry? I wonder how the world will be impacted by their presence? I wonder where they will live? I wonder if they will lead others? I wonder what it will be like to see their empty rooms? I wonder what our grand kids will look like? I just wonder!

Those thoughts carry weight, and drive the way I love and invest in their lives. Those thoughts make me determined to be a better father. Those thoughts cause me to hold on longer when they embrace me. Those thoughts drive me to my knees. Those thoughts make me smile!

All that to say this; Josh, Hannah and Isaiah, I am so very proud of you guys. Your love for Jesus and others, and the way you live your lives moves me deeply, and brings tears of joy to my eyes. The world is a better place because of you. Go chase your dreams and don't let anyone say you can't do it! I am Proud to be called your DAD!

No comments: