Friday, January 8, 2010

when the church prays


Okay I will share from my heart... I love to pray! Wednesday night prayer encounter is my favorite time of the week. For 12 years we have made it a priority to pray on Wednesday nights. I love the intimacy that has developed during this time. There have been many good attempts to replace it with other things. Yet, I have said as long as I lead at Grace this will always be what we do for adults.

For those that make it a part of their regular Wednesday routine, they know what I am talking about. Prayer is hard work, prayer takes time, yet the rewards are over the top. In this room we have seen unbelievable answers to prayer. In this room we have begged God for a variety of petitions. In this room the forces of evil have been pushed back. Out of this room Grace Community has been advanced.


This past Wednesday night God showed up in a special way, and it was breathtaking. We were blown away by the realness of his presence as we worshipped, prayed and read his Word.


If you want to get to know people in a more intimate way, get to know God on a deeper level, be part of a team that helps to unleash God's power, get to know me on a more personal level, then join us on Wednesday nights as we just pray!

There is no doubt in my mind that from the prayers offered on this night of the week, we have experienced the blessings we see regularly at Grace Community.

Acts 12:5 So peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.

No comments: