Monday, August 16, 2010

a cup of coffee and...

This is where I spent my Monday morning after a full weekend. I took time to reflect, listen, watch, and remember all the things that happened.

I was compelled to pray for people and God brought so many to mind. I took time to just say thanks for his goodness in my life and for all the ways he has directed my life. I wondered about all the people who have crossed my path in my lifetime and wondered about their eternity.

The early morning sun was warm and the breeze was refreshing as I sipped on my coffee. The time alone with God in his creation pushed out all the tentacles of life that try to pull you away from these kind of moments. I closed the time with a walk in the back field listening to the sounds of creation screaming loudly that they were alive and well.It was a great start to a Monday morning after three exhausting, yet exciting services where people heard about the hope they can find in Jesus.

2 comments:

Dave and lisa said...

Thanks for praying with us.....

Dave and Lisa

Andy Jewett said...

Hope... what a beautiful 4-letter word. Thanks for being used, buddy.