Monday, September 27, 2010

inspired by my daughter

My daughter Hannah has the stuff in her right now that breeds champions. She has tasted the benefits of working hard, and capturing every thought active in her mind. She is experiencing what some call "feeling it"

And in the process she is inspiring me to do better, work harder, and to believe that with God all things are possible. She keeps telling us what her new goals are, and that she is quite frankly, going to do it. I am so encouraged when I listen to her talk.

Just this weekend she ran 45 seconds faster then her previous PB in the 5K.

Now here is what I love the most. She realizes that her ability and talents come from God, and she wants to do the very best she can, because of that. I always appreciate the time the XC team takes to pray before races.

The fact of the matter is this, most people spend their lives standing in hope and never acting in faith. Hannah is realizing that what she hopes for, will not be accomplished in hoping alone, it requires action. So this morning as I took my 5k run, I sprinted the last 400 meters as hard as I possibly could, because I was thinking what would Hannah do? (Oh yeah, just recently a friend said the Brown is coming out of her) Watch out here comes Hannah~

No comments: